Last revised on December 1, 2012
The George Brown College MentorCity page is exclusive to George Brown College Alumni only. Although we appreciate everyone’s interest in George Brown College and its mentorship program; if you are not a George Brown College alumni, we ask that you simply register at www.mentorcity.com. Anyone who is found in the George Brown College MentorCity group that is not an alumni will be promptly removed as they will be in violation of the user agreement.
George Brown’s MentorCity is an on-line mentoring matching website. The premise is that throughout your life, there are times that you need advice on a certain topic depending on what is happening in your life, career, and the specific projects that you are working on. There are also times when you can share your expertise and experiences to guide mentees in the right direction. George Brown’s MentorCity creates a mentoring community that enables people to engage in a series of give-and-take relationships.
TERMS APPLICABLE TO ALL USERS
Changes to Terms
Scope of Use and User E-Mail
You are only authorised to view, use, copy for your records and download small portions of the Content (including without limitation text, graphics, software, audio and video files and photos) of this Website for your informational, non-commercial use, provided that you leave all the copyright notices, including copyright management information, or other proprietary notices intact.
You may not store, modify, reproduce, transmit, reverse engineer or distribute a significant portion of the Content on this Website, or the design or layout of the Website or individual sections of it, in any form or media. The systematic retrieval of data from the Website is also prohibited.
The commercial use, reproduction, transmission or distribution of any information, software or other material available through the Website without the prior written consent of George Brown’s MentorCity is strictly prohibited.
License and warranty for your submissions to George Brown’s MentorCity
You own the information you provide George Brown’s MentorCity under this Agreement, and may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. It is your responsibility to keep your George Brown’s MentorCity profile information accurate and updated.
To be eligible to use the Service, you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that you: (1) are 18 years of age or older; (2) are not currently restricted from the Services, or not otherwise prohibited from having a George Brown’s MentorCity account, (3) are not a competitor of George Brown’s MentorCity or are not using the Services for reasons that are in competition with George Brown’s MentorCity; (4) will only maintain one George Brown’s MentorCity account at any given time; (5) have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party; (6) will not violate any rights of George Brown’s MentorCity, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights; and (7) agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software, and internet access necessary to use the Services.
You agree to: (1) Keep your password secure and confidential; (2) not permit others to use your account; (3) refrain from using other Users’ accounts; (4) refrain from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring your George Brown’s MentorCity account to another party; and (5) refrain from charging anyone for access to any portion of George Brown’s MentorCity, or any information therein. Further, you are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. To close your account send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You indemnify us and hold us harmless for all damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) related to all third party claims, charges, and investigations, caused by (1) your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, (2) any content you submit to the Services, and (3) any activity in which you engage on or through George Brown’s MentorCity.
Notify us of acts contrary to the Agreement
If you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to this Agreement under any mandatory law, you agree to provide us with detailed and substantiated explanation of your reasons in writing at least 30 days before you act contrary to this Agreement, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation, though we are under no obligation to do so.
Notifications and Service Messages
For purposes of service messages and notices about the Services to you, George Brown’s MentorCity may place a banner notice across its pages to alert you to certain changes such as modifications to this Agreement. Alternatively, notice may consist of an email from George Brown’s MentorCity to an email address associated with your account, even if we have other contact information. You also agree that George Brown’s MentorCity may communicate with you through your George Brown’s MentorCity account or through other means including email, mobile number, telephone, or delivery services including the postal service about your George Brown’s MentorCity account or services associated with George Brown’s MentorCity. Please review your Settings to control what kind of messages you receive from George Brown’s MentorCity. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to do so maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Service.
George Brown’s MentorCity Applications
George Brown’s MentorCity may offer the Services through applications built using George Brown’s MentorCity’s platform (“George Brown’s MentorCity Applications”). Examples of George Brown’s MentorCity Applications include its smart phone applications (George Brown’s MentorCity for Blackberry or George Brown’s MentorCity for iPhone), and George Brown’s MentorCity’s “Share” buttons and other interactive plugins distributed on websites across the web. George Brown’s MentorCity Applications are distinct from third party Platform Applications. If you use a George Brown’s MentorCity Application or interact with a website that has deployed a plugin, you agree that information about you and your use of the Services, including, but not limited to, your device, your mobile carrier, your internet access provider, your physical location, and/or web pages containing George Brown’s MentorCity plugins that load in your browser may be communicated to us.
Further, by importing any of your George Brown’s MentorCity data through the George Brown’s MentorCity Application, you represent that you have authority to share the transferred data with your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile account, you must promptly update your George Brown’s MentorCity account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number and failure to do so is your responsibility. You acknowledge you are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing George Brown’s MentorCity through your mobile access provider. Therefore, you should check with your provider to find out if the Services are available and the terms for these services for your specific mobile devices.
Finally, by using any downloadable application to enable your use of the Services, you are explicitly confirming your acceptance of the terms of the End User License Agreement associated with the application provided at download or installation, or as may be updated from time to time.
User-to-User Communication and Sharing
George Brown’s MentorCity allows users to post updates, including links to news articles and other information such as job opportunities and other content to their profile and other parts of the site.
Please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other Users, and George Brown’s MentorCity cannot guarantee that other Users will not use the ideas and information that you share on George Brown’s MentorCity. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to George Brown’s MentorCity. GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A USER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST IN ANY GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY COMMUNITY.
Contributions to George Brown’s MentorCity
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to George Brown’s MentorCity through its suggestion or feedback web pages, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) George Brown’s MentorCity is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) George Brown’s MentorCity shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) George Brown’s MentorCity may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) you irrevocably assign to George Brown’s MentorCity all rights to your Contributions; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from George Brown’s MentorCity under any circumstances.
On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the Do’s and Don’ts listed in Section 10, we grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nonassignable, nonsublicenseable license and right to access the Services, through a generally available web browser, mobile device or application (but not through scraping, spidering, crawling or other technology or software used to access data without the express written consent of George Brown’s MentorCity or its Users), view information and use the Services that we provide on George Brown’s MentorCity web pages and in accordance with this Agreement. Any other use of George Brown’s MentorCity contrary to our mission and purpose is strictly prohibited and a violation of this Agreement. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights and interest in George Brown’s MentorCity and all related items, including any and all copies made of the George Brown’s MentorCity website.
OUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
For as long as George Brown’s MentorCity continues to offer the Services, George Brown’s MentorCity shall provide and seek to update, improve and expand the Services. As a result, we allow you to access George Brown’s MentorCity as it may exist and be available on any given day and have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue George Brown’s MentorCity, partially or entirely. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on our site or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted. George Brown’s MentorCity further reserves the right to withhold, remove and or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice if deemed by George Brown’s MentorCity to be contrary to this Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, George Brown’s MentorCity has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Users provide when using the Services.
Third Party Sites and Developers
George Brown’s MentorCity may include links to third party web sites (“Third Party Sites”) on https://georgebrown.mentorcity.com, https://georgebrown.mentorcity.com, and elsewhere. George Brown’s MentorCity also enables third party developers (“Platform Developers”) to create applications (“Platform Applications”) that provide features and functionality using data and developer tools made available by George Brown’s MentorCity through its developer platform.
George Brown’s MentorCity is not responsible for and does not endorse any features, content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from Third Party Sites or Platform Applications. George Brown’s MentorCity also does not screen, audit, or endorse Platform Applications. Accordingly, if you decide to access Third Party Sites or use Platform Applications, you do so at your own risk and agree that your use of any Platform Application is on an “as-is” basis without any warranty as to the Platform Developer’s actions, and that this Agreement does not apply to your use of any Third Party Site or Developer Application.
Please note: If you allow a Platform Application or Third Party Site to authenticate to or connect with your George Brown’s MentorCity account, that application or website can access information on George Brown’s MentorCity related to you and your connections.
Disclosure of User Information
You acknowledge, consent and agree that we may access, preserve, and disclose your registration and any other information you provide if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to: (1) comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a User, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of George Brown’s MentorCity, our Users or the public.
Connections and Interactions with other Users
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. George Brown’s MentorCity may limit the number of connections you may have to other Users and may, in certain circumstances, prohibit you from contacting other Users through use of the Services or otherwise limit your use of the Services. George Brown’s MentorCity reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members and to restrict, suspend, or close your account if George Brown’s MentorCity determines, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce this Agreement.
SOME COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
DO NOT RELY ON GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY, ANY INFORMATION THEREIN, OR ITS CONTINUATION. WE PROVIDE THE PLATFORM FOR GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY AND ALL INFORMATION AND SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY DOES NOT CONTROL OR VET USER GENERATED CONTENT FOR ACCURACY. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED OR HARMED BY GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY OR ANYTHING RELATED TO GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY, YOU MAY CLOSE YOUR GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY ACCOUNT AND TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 7 (“TERMINATION”) AND SUCH TERMINATION SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (SUCH AS MESSAGES, POSTING OF ANSWERS OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER USER GENERATED CONTENT) SENT THROUGH GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY TO ANYONE. IN ADDITION, WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR REPRESENT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. ANY MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY DESCRIBED OR USED ON THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OWNED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO HAVE LICENSED SUCH MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY TO US.
GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS SUBSCRIBING TO ITS SERVICES, NOR DOES IT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF ITS SERVICES BY OTHER USERS OF THE COMMUNITY; THEREFORE, GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES IT PROVIDES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. IN PARTICULAR, THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERRUPTED DUE TO MAINTENANCE, UPDATES, OR SYSTEM OR NETWORK FAILURES. GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY SUCH INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. FURTHERMORE, GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY MALFUNCTIONING, IMPOSSIBILITY OF ACCESS, OR POOR USE CONDITIONS OF THE GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY SITE DUE TO INAPPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT, DISTURBANCES RELATED TO INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, TO THE SATURATION OF THE INTERNET NETWORK, AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Neither George Brown’s MentorCity nor any of our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, employees, shareholders, or directors (“George Brown’s MentorCity Affiliates”) shall be cumulatively liable for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages or loss of use, profit, revenue or data to you or any third person arising from your use of the Service, any platform applications or any of the content or other materials on, accessed through or downloaded from George Brown’s MentorCity. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between the parties and without it the terms and prices charged would be different. This limitation of liability shall:
- Apply regardless of whether (1) you base your claim on contract, tort, statute or any other legal theory, (2) we knew or should have known about the possibility of such damages, or (3) the limited remedies provided in this section fail of their essential purpose; and
- Not apply to any damage that George Brown’s MentorCity may cause you intentionally or knowingly in violation of this Agreement or applicable law, or as otherwise mandated by applicable law that cannot be disclaimed from in this Agreement.
Mutual rights of termination
You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to George Brown’s MentorCity pursuant. This notice will be effective upon George Brown’s MentorCity processing your notice. George Brown’s MentorCity may terminate the Agreement and your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. For avoidance of doubt, only George Brown’s MentorCity or the party paying for the services may terminate your access to any Premium Services. Termination of your George Brown’s MentorCity account includes disabling your access to George Brown’s MentorCity and may also bar you from any future use of George Brown’s MentorCity.
Misuse of the Services
George Brown’s MentorCity may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any User who abuses or misuses the Services. Misuse of the Services includes abusing the George Brown’s MentorCity messaging services; creating multiple or false profiles; using the Services commercially without George Brown’s MentorCity’s authorization, infringing any intellectual property rights, violating any of the Do’s and Don’ts listed, or any other behavior that George Brown’s MentorCity, in its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose. In addition, and without limiting the foregoing, George Brown’s MentorCity has adopted a policy of terminating accounts of Users who, in George Brown’s MentorCity’s sole discretion, are deemed to be repeat infringers.
Effect of Termination
Upon the termination of your George Brown’s MentorCity account, you lose access to the Services. The terms of this Agreement shall survive any termination, except Sections 15 (“Your Rights”) and 16.a-b, and d (“Our Rights and Obligations”) hereof.
Law and Forum for Legal Disputes
This Agreement or any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario regardless of your country of origin or where you access George Brown’s MentorCity, and notwithstanding of any conflicts of law principles and the United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods. You and George Brown’s MentorCity agree that all claims arising out of or related to this Agreement must be resolved exclusively by a provincial or federal court located in the York Region, Ontario, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You and George Brown’s MentorCity agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within York Region, Ontario for the purpose of litigating all such claims. Notwithstanding the above, you agree that George Brown’s MentorCity shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and (c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be modified so as to render it enforceable and effective to the maximum extent possible in order to effect the intention of the provision; and if a court or arbitrator finds the modified provision invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement will not be affected in any way.
You agree that this Agreement constitutes the entire, complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Amendments to this Agreement.
No informal waivers, agreements or representations.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent similar or other breaches. Except as expressly and specifically contemplated by the Agreement, no representations, statements, consents, waivers or other acts or omissions by any George Brown’s MentorCity Affiliate shall be deemed legally binding on any George Brown’s MentorCity Affiliate, unless documented in a physical writing hand signed by a duly appointed officer of George Brown’s MentorCity.
No Injunctive Relief.
In no event shall you seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Services or any content or other material used or displayed through the Services.
Entities other than George Brown’s MentorCity Inc, that George Brown’s MentorCity owns a 50% or greater interest in (“Affiliate”) are not parties, but intended third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, with a right to enforce the Agreement directly against you.
Assignment and Delegation.
You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Agreement. Any purported assignment and delegation shall be ineffective. We may freely assign or delegate all rights and obligations under the Agreement, fully or partially without notice to you. We may also substitute, by way of unilateral novation, effective upon notice to you, George Brown’s MentorCity Inc. for any third party that assumes our rights and obligations under this Agreement.
Potential Other Rights and Obligations.
You may have rights or obligations under local law other than those enumerated here if you are located outside the United States.
GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY USER “DOS” and “DON’TS.”
As a condition to access George Brown’s MentorCity, you agree to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
Do undertake the following:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- Review and comply with notices sent by George Brown’s MentorCity concerning the Services; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
Don’t undertake the following:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile form (e.g., do not include a link or an email address in the name field). Please also protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature;
- Create a user profile for anyone other than a natural person;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Upload a profile image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo;
- Use or attempt to use another's account without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Upload, post, email, messages, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
- Falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (i.e. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by George Brown’s MentorCity);
- Includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to: (a) using George Brown’s MentorCity to send unsolicited promotional messages; (b) using George Brown’s MentorCity to establish relationships and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and (c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases associated with George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of George Brown’s MentorCity or any User of George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; and/or
- Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to implement practices that are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople to the purposes of creating a pyramid scheme or other similar practices.
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on George Brown’s MentorCity (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in this Agreement, George Brown’s MentorCity’s developer terms and policies, or as expressly authorized by George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for anyunderlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof
- Utilize or copy information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from George Brown’s MentorCity to provide any service that is competitive, in George Brown’s MentorCity’s sole discretion, with George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by George Brown’s MentorCity unless you have entered into a written agreement with George Brown’s MentorCity (this includes, but is not limited to, representing yourself as an accredited George Brown’s MentorCity trainer if you have not been certified by George Brown’s MentorCity as such);
- Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on George Brown’s MentorCity or technology underlying the Services, or other Users’ content, in whole or part, except as permitted under George Brown’s MentorCity’s developer program;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to George Brown’s MentorCity or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize George Brown’s MentorCity services or functionality, without the express written permission of George Brown’s MentorCity.
- Deep-link to the Site for any purpose, (i.e. including a link to a George Brown’s MentorCity web page other than George Brown’s MentorCity’s home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by George Brown’s MentorCity or for the purpose of promoting your profile or a Group on George Brown’s MentorCity as set forth in the Brand Guidelines;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on George Brown’s MentorCity, including those of both George Brown’s MentorCity and any of its licensors;
- Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from George Brown’s MentorCity except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- Share information of non-Users without their express consent;
- Infringe or use George Brown’s MentorCity’s brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “George Brown’s MentorCity” in any business name, email, or URL or including George Brown’s MentorCity’s trademarks and logos except as provided in the Brand Guidelines or as expressly permitted by George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access George Brown’s MentorCity, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages, or perform other activities through George Brown’s MentorCity, unless explicitly permitted by George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Access, via automated or manual means or processes, George Brown’s MentorCity for purposes of monitoring George Brown’s MentorCity’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of George Brown’s MentorCity’s website;
- Attempt to or actually access George Brown’s MentorCity by any means other than through the interfaces provided by George Brown’s MentorCity such as its mobile application or by navigating to https://georgebrown.mentorcity.com using a web browser. This prohibition includes accessing or attempting to access George Brown’s MentorCity using any third-party service, including software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, including George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on George Brown’s MentorCity’s infrastructure, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications to other Users or George Brown’s MentorCity personnel, attempting to gain unauthorized access to George Brown’s MentorCity, or transmitting or activating computer viruses through or on George Brown’s MentorCity;
- Interfere with or disrupt or game George Brown’s MentorCity or the Services, including, but not limited to, any servers or networks connected to George Brown’s MentorCity, in particular George Brown’s MentorCity's search algorithms.
COMPLAINTS REGARDING CONTENT POSTED ON THE GEORGE BROWN'S MENTORCITY WEBSITE
We built George Brown’s MentorCity to help mentees and mentors to connect with one another and grow professionally. To achieving this purpose, we encourage our Users to share truthful and accurate information. We also respect the intellectual property rights of others. Accordingly, this Agreement requires that information posted by Users be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. To promote these objectives, please email any complaints to email@example.com